About Our Club
The GCL is a family oriented MEMBERSHIP club founded by a group of Rochester conservationists in 1925. Originally known as the “Rochester Chapter of the Izaak Walton League”, the name was changed to “GCL” and officially incorporated in September 1934. Based in Scottsville the GCL grew until 1948 when the present 32 acres were acquired. The clubhouse was erected in 1949 with all material and labor donated by members and friends. In 1975, the Myopia Pistol Club merged with GCL, playing a key role assisting in the building of the indoor pistol range, and enhancing our growth. The League has expanded now to over 2,000 members. Interests served range from casual shooting to and pistol competitions. We even hosted the Empire State Games.
The Clubhouse has a bar, lounge, and kitchen for special events. The Clubhouse (381-0070) is open on Saturday or Sunday between 11:30 AM and 2:30 PM or Wednesday evening between 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM.
Lunches are available on Sat. or Sun. and dinners are available on Wed. evening
We have a large hall and pavilion with a playground for the children
Three major areas which members enjoy are Archery, Pistol and Rifle shooting.
We offer instruction in NRA Firearms Safety classes by NRA certified instructors. GCL hosts NYS DEC Bow and Gun hunter Certification (registration is done on the DEC web site).
Remember, the GCL is a FAMILY oriented club. Sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Any employee or individual covered by this policy who engages in sexual harassment or retaliation will be subject to remedial and/or disciplinary action (e.g., counseling, suspension, termination). Sexual harassment policy is available in the clubhouse per NYS regulations.
Safety is our most important priority!